Left Continue shopping
Your Order

You have no items in your cart

Altos Las Hormigas Malbec Appellation Gualtallary 2019

by Altos Las Hormigas
$51.99
Get 10% off purchases of 12+ bottles of wine.
(Use code 10OFF at checkout.)
In stock and ready to ship
Only 3 left

From the limestone-covered pebbles and gravel soils of Gualtallary, lying at 1,400 meters above sea level. 85% of the wine was matured in 3,500 ltr untoasted foudres for 20 months, while the remaining 15% was aged in concrete vats before resting in bottle for one year. The nose is herbaceous and shows fruity and saline notes, with very present aromas of graphite, as well as thyme, blueberries, plums, and violets. This is a structured wine with firm tannins that are beautifully balanced by fresh fruit notes and minerality.

YOUR DELIVERY OPTIONS:

  • Same Day Delivery Call us at 415-780-1405 for more details.


  • Shipping calculated to

What importer Skurnik Wines has to say about this wine...

Malbec
Sourced from Gualtallary, 1,400 meters above sea level
Limestone covered pebbles and gravel
The fruit is hand harvested and goes through a double selection process
Transferred by gravity into small concrete tanks, ferments with indigenous yeasts and lasts for 20 days at 26ºC
Manual pigeage during fermentation
85% of the wine is aged in 3,500L untoasted foudre and 15% in concrete vats for 20 months
Aged for 12 months in bottle

Details

  • Grape Variety

    Malbec

  • Vintage

    2019

  • Size

    750ml

  • Farming Practice

    Organic

  • Style

    Earthy , Fruity , Minerally

  • Sweetness

    Dry

  • Body

    Medium Bodied

Customer Reviews

Be the first to write a review
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)