- Free in CA on $129+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We do not ship spirits and beers outside of CA
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Daniel-Etienne Defaix does things very differently. True to the long traditions of his family (their domaine goes back to the 1700’s), Daniel does everything at what is a snail’s pace in comparison to his neighbors. This starts with careful, gentle farming practices that eschew chemical fertilizers and sprays.In the cellar the fermentation is long and slow, using only wild yeasts. Malolactic is always completed, but only naturally so this process sometimes takes well over a year. Then the wines are rested on the lees in tanks for at least 18 months, and often longer, before bottling.But they still are not ready for the market at this point. Daniel then ages them in bottle for at least another 2 years before releasing them. That is how we have a current release of the 2014 village Chablis just hitting our shelves today. All of the fruit for this cuvée comes from 45 to 70-year-old vines, and given the special, meticulous wine-making the quality is on par with 1er and even some Grand Cru wines.