- Free in CA on $129+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We do not ship spirits and beers outside of CA
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Maison en Belles Lies
he wines of Pierre Fenals and Maison En Belle Lies embody all the qualities of why we love to drink and sell wine. A transformative story of a mad scientist with meticulous attention to detail, respect for biodynamic farming, and no intervention in the cellar with an astounding outcome.Although Pierre's degree was in molecular biology, his first career took him to the runways of Paris. After a long professional life in the fashion industry, he soon became jaded and it was at this time that he happened to pick up a book by Rudolf Steiner (the Godfather of biodynamics), at a Parisian flea market. Things moved quickly after that. Pierre moved to Burgundy to study oenology, and then worked under Trapet, Lapierre, and Emmanual Giboulot. In 2008, he bought his winery in St. Aubin and 2.5ha of vineyards in Maranges and Haute Côtes de Beaune. Since then he's added vineyards in Santenay, Monthelie, and Corton. In the cellar, it's what you'd expect from a natural winemaker, with a few of his own magical touches. Fermentation with only natural yeasts, no additives, no chaptalization, no fining/filtration, and zero sulfur. Pierre's wines have one characteristic that is uncommon for some natural wines, they are crystal clear. He achieves this naturally by slow and cold fermentations (averaging 2 years!), and adding dried crystalline solids from old barrels which aggregates the dissolved solids and sink to the bottom. He also puts in 18 drops of wine from a strong earlier vintage into the new juice to "inform" the wine of its potential. Adhering strongly to biodynamics, Pierre lets his red grapes macerate whole for one lunar cycle before pressing them, picking them during a rising moon and then pressing when it sets. He macerates whole bunches, never de-stemming his reds to increase the aromatic complexity of the wines.