- Free in CA on $129+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We do not ship spirits and beers outside of CA
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Of the producers of traditional Côte-Rôtie the wines of the Barge family have continually captured our hearts. The number of producers making wine the way the Barges do in Côte-Rôtie can literally be counted on one hand. The basic recipe is organic farming, whole-cluster fermentation, and aging in large, neutral wooden barrels. Simple enough, yet it seems the desire for such minimalism eludes many Côte-Rôtie producers these days.The 2016 release was historic not just because it was a legendary one, but also because it is the first vintage that the domaine’s wines are now under Gilles son Julien’s name. Like his father before him, Gilles has passed the torch to the next generation. And from what we’ve tasted these wines continue to glow bright with that unique flame that has always attracted us to their wine. Often the concern is that, in young hands, a winery may tend towards more modern techniques and thus modern style. However, we’re happy to say this is not the case. If anything, Julien has been a driving force of pushing the domaine further towards noninterventionist practices. Starting with his first vintage Julien removed all sulfur additions to the domaine’s white wines. In 2018 he halted all spraying in the vineyards. We only expect this trend to continue and the wines to improve.There has always been plenty of excitement around the Barge wines throughout the industry. As such their wines are in increasing demand. If you are a Rhône lover or a Burgundy fanatic looking to branch out you owe it to yourself to add these wines to your collection. However, even if you’re a relative newcomer to the world of fine wine, there is no doubt these wines will entrance you.