A new wine in this range, the 2016 Grenache Spear Vineyard emerges from a young vineyard in its first year of production. Pliant and supple on the palate, with lovely textural resonance, the 2016 displays good varietal character and fine balance, especially for first leaf fruit.
- Free in the Neighborhood on $149+ orders, otherwise $9.99 per case. See a map of our Neighborhood Delivery Zone.
- Rest of San Francisco: $9.99 per case
- Rest of California: $12.99 per case
- OR, WA & AZ: $19.99 per case
- Rest of the US: $29.99 per case
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IA, IL, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NV, NH, ND, OK, PA, TN, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship beer or spirits outside of CA
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
A Tribute to Grace
Perhaps it’s the varietal or the fact that she is a Kiwi but its a bit of a mystery to us that Angela Osborne isn’t on most short lists of best California Winemakers. Over the last decade she has been pulling magic out of Grenache from the desert highlands of California. How can this New Zealand native make such ethereal wines from a grape known for adding alcohol and strawberry notes to blends? It is rumored that Angela fell in love with Grenache after tasting Rayas in the wine shop she worked at in LA. Whether that is true or not, she had a single-minded focus to find a place where she could make single vineyard, terroir expressions of her favorite grape. She searched the great regions on the world but settled on California with its perfect balance of heat and light. Angela partnered with farmers, including Sanford from the famed Sanford & Benedict vineyard, whose passions match her own. They grow perfectly ripe grapes from hand worked, organically farmed vineyards. Angela produces tiny quantities of mineral driven, delicate wines.
Elegant , Fruity , Juicy