- Free in CA on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship beer or spirits outside of CA
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Gitton Pere et Fils
Domaine Gitton is incredibly old-school, and yet, in its time it was actually pioneering. Back in the 1950s, the Sancerrois refused to plant on Silex (shale) soils, insisting that only Kimmeridgian or Cailotte soils could produce top quality Sauvignon Blanc. The Gitton family saw something that the others did not, and in 1959 they planted Sauvignon Blanc vines in the silex fields in the area. The vineyard became known as Galinot. Of course, we now know that silex soils produce excellent Sauvignon Blanc. There are a few examples in Sancerre (we recently offered Les Romains), but the most famous, of course, come from Didier Dagueneau, just across the river in Pouilly-Fume. And indeed, we've heard whispers of some kind of connection between Dagueneau and Gitton. Clearly they shared an aesthetic. Like Dagueneau’s, the Gitton Sauvignon Blancs are powerful wines made from ripe grapes and aged in wood (old neutral barrels of varying sizes). And like Dagueneau’s wines, Gitton’s Sauvignon Blancs are for ageing.