- Free in CA on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship beer or spirits outside of CA
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Jean Foillard is a member of the Gang of Four. No, that’s not an underground East Village band from the 1980s, but four guys who make really good wine in the Beaujolais Cru of Morgon. They are linked together by two things. Two dudes, actually. The first is Jules Chauvet, who figured out how to make clean and pure wine in Beaujolais without the use of sulphur. Chauvet never really made it big in America as a winemaker; Beaujolais just wasn't considered a "Great" wine back in the '80s. But he taught Foillard — and the three others, Lapierre, Breton and Thevenet — how to do it themselves. The second dude is Kermit Lynch, who fell in love with the magic of what they were doing, back when all his neighbors in California were drinking Chardonnay with ice cubes. To this day, Kermit imports all four producers. They're all great, of course… But we all have our favorites. If like many of us you prefer Beaujolais with depth and age-ability, then Foillard is probably your fave.
Aromatic , Elegant , Minerally