The 2017's from Sunier are now starting to show their full form. Sunier's Morgon is a composition of fruit from parcels in lieu dits of Corcelette, Py, Charme and En Oeillat. Vines are ~50 years old on average and are planted on mostly decomposing granite and clay soil. Spontaneous fermentation takes place in cement tanks with some of the fruit undergoing whole-cluster fermentation. The wine is the rested in neutral French oak for 9 months before bottling. This is the most age worthy offering from Sunier with a broader structure than his other wines, but also with plenty of juicy, deeply pitched fruit for those who just cannot wait.
- Free in CA on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship beer or spirits outside of CA
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.
Julien was introduced to the winemaking world by none other than Christophe Roumier, a client of Julien's mother's hair salon. After working with Christophe he went to New Zealand and California to continue his winemaking studies (and surf).For about a decade now Julien has been refining his own small domaine in Beaujolais, with holdings in some of the top crus. He has always farmed organically, and is now fully certified. His wines have gained widespread praise and are much loved in both the Natural Wine and Old-School Beaujolais circles.
Aromatic , Earthy , Fruity