Shopping With Us
Here's what you need to know about shopping with us, covering all your frequently asked questions and more.
We have two locations, in New York City and San Francisco, and one web store
When you shop on-line with us, you can only shop at one store at a time. Please make sure you're shopping the right store by looking at our logo at the top of the page. You can switch stores at the top of our home page at any time, but when you do your shopping cart will empty out. Fortunately, you can use the same log-in and saved payment information no matter where you're shopping.
Free & Low Cost Shipping Options
If you're shopping our San Francisco store, we offer free shipping on $149+ orders within our local Neighborhood Delivery Zone.
If you need the wine shipped elsewhere, we offer a simple flat rate by the case (1-12 bottles), as outlined below:
- San Francisco: $9.99 per case
- California: $12.99 per case
- Oregon, Washington and Arizona: $19.99 per case
- Rest of the US (where we are legally permitted to ship): $29.99 per case
For more details on shipping -- as well as our "consolidation" and free store-pick-up options at checkout -- go here.
Out of State Shipping
Yes, we ship wine to most states in the continental U.S.A.. The laws in this regard are changing constantly, and therefore the list of states to which we can ship wines is subject to frequent change. Please check out our shipping page for our current list of no-ship states.
Unfortunately, we cannot legally ship spirits out of state. Therefore, any spirits purchased from our California shop can only be shipped within California, and any spirits purchased from our New York shop can only be shipped within New York.
Guaranteed Safe Shopping
Shop at Flatiron with confidence. It's not just that you know you're going to get high quality wine at all price points, made by true artisans. Or that you will always be paying very fair prices. It's also that every purchase you make with us is subject to the following guarantees:
- You can generally return corked, prematurely oxidized or poorly stored wines to us for a full refund or exchange. Read the details of our return policy here.
- We acquire our older and rare wines only from very reputable sources, where we are confident that the provenance is good and the wine has been stored properly. All wines imported from Europe are shipped on refrigerated boats.
- Our wines are stored in temperature controlled facilities, and are shipped to you in foam containers to protect the wine (short-haul deliveries may be shipped in cardboard when conditions are moderate). If weather does not permit safe shipping, we will hold your wine free of cost in our temperature controlled facilities until the the temperature moderates.
- Our check-out process is fully secure, so your payment details will be safe.
We offer a 10% discount on any case of 12 bottles. The discount does not apply to spirits or to a very small number of wines (mostly Champagnes) that are indicated as non-discountable.
Non-discountable wines and spirits will count to the number of bottles in your case, but they will not themselves get the benefit of the discount. So if, for example, you have two bottles of vodka and ten bottles of discountable wine, you have a case of 12 bottles. You will get the 10% discount on the ten bottles of wine but not on the vodka.
The case discount will apply automatically in your shopping cart and there is no need for a coupon code. The case discount does not apply when you use any other discounts from one of our special offers.
Shopping from our Newsletter and other Emails
Our newsletter is really good, not just because it is full of informative and entertaining stories about wine, but also because it offers for sale many wines that are in such short supply that they inevitably sell out before they even make it on to this web site. You'll want to subscribe for sure, and you may do so at the bottom of this page for free.
When you see wines that you want to buy in our newsletter, you'll be asked to simply click a button to send us a quick email. If we have your delivery and payment information on file already, it's super easy. Otherwise, we'll just follow up with you to get those details. You'll only have to do that once!